Loved you yesterday,
Love you still,
Always have, Always will


Damaged people are dangerous...they know they can survive

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~Jimi Hendrix

Let us reach for the world that ought to be. We can understand that there will be war, and still strive for peace. ~President Obama

The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware...joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware." -Henry Miller

"Truth is everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."
-Bob Marley



...

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Yesterday...

..we had a going away BBQ for Kevin's sister Heather...she's heading out to Florida. Moving to Florida...starting some much needed FReshNeSS!

Heather was saying how Becky and Kellie would need to start updating their blogs more because she wanted to see how the kids are doing and what everyone is up to since she will be so far away. Then it turned into a back and forth...

"...well you need to blog too!"
"What about you? You haven't been keeping yours updated lately either."
"...if I do it at work, I'll have to take my camera and if I wait til I get home..."

And then there was some talk about an Anti-blogging Blog...I don't even know how it happened.


But the point is...Heather doesn't care about mine and Kevin's slightly boring lives at the moment. No offense to be taken, but she doesn't. But at some point, hopefully very soon, we will be having a baby. And she will want to know what's going on with that baby and hopefully that baby's parents.

Now this has nothing to do with keeping family updated but I'm trying to be a better blogger...like I used to be and have slowly gotten out of the habit of.

I found this little list...written by Guest blogger East Side Bride and her husband on Unruly Things.
It made me giggle and I wanted to share it with you.

10 Reasons why Being Married is Just Better

1. When I take money out of his wallet, I don’t have to pay him back. (Warning: This works both ways.)

2. He makes the coffee 63% of the time.

3. When we have a really crazy, stupid, screaming fight, I never have to think, “Oh my god, are we going to break up over this?”

4. Wrangling our finances has made me a more responsible person. I.E. I no longer buy $800 leather pants I can’t afford just because I hate my life.

5. Planning meals for two encourages me to eat better meals. Let’s be honest, it forces me to eat meals period. I mean, I can’t let my husband eat a jumbo bag of gummy sours for dinner.

6. He/she puts up with my crazy family. (Downside: She/he reminds me at inopportune moments how much I am like them.)

7. Her hatred of clutter inspires me find more creative places to hide my crap. (Note: The bedroom may not be considered a “creative” place to “hide” an effing enormous cardboard box.)

8. She has a long-term plan for my personal style. (Downside: She also has a short-term plan for my personal style.)

9. He can actually tell me which outfit looks better. (Bonus: He’s learned to keep his mouth shut during the delicate pull-everything-out-of-the-closet-and-throw-it-on-the-floor phase.)

10. She makes me come to bed before the birds start tweeting.


I just love it.



We'll miss you Heather!! Have a safe trip and keep us updated on where you're at on your freakn' long drive!

1 comment:

Welcome to my World. said...

I totally care about you guys!!! I do!! :) I can't wait to hear about your trip to Seattle. I loved reading about your shoes for your wedding. I know, I know, I do get caught up in the kiddos but I love you guys just as much. Maybe even more if you post things about your dogs... hehe.

Drive safe and have a great time!! Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.